A frugal homemaker...



...making our House a Home one thrift store find or craft project at a time.













Wednesday, March 11, 2009

It's Body Time










Yep, you read that right. It's body time! I have been focusing my blog on my house, but it's time to really focus on my body. There have been sooo many changes in the Staroscik household in the past few months/weeks/days! Jason, my wonderful hubby, got a new job working from home. His first day is tomorrow. I went on an extended leave from CCRFS (my job at the outlets), got a new job working from home part-time for a friend, and have decided to home school my daughter. WOW! Talk about a little stress. Peyton starts home schooling Monday.
So in all that chaos, I have decided to put a little more structure in our house since things are changing so much. Since Peyton is going to be home schooled and Jason will be working from home, I thought it would be fun to add some physical activity to our days. First step: clean out the storage room downstairs so I can get to my treadmill and BowFlex. So, I guess you can say this is decluttering the house too, but for the sake of working out.
I went and bought a new bathroom scale, one that tracks your weight loss. (not your's, mine):-D
(does that mean I have to get rid of something in order to bring that in the house???) I think I'll take care of that when we start going through the junk downstairs.
I had a long talk with Jason the other day about going out to eat. He loves to go out to eat and would do it every meal if I "let him". So I told him that it wasn't being very supportive of my trying to lose weight or the fact that we were spending way too much money on food. So, after we ate dinner (at home) he got up and said, "let's go hike the rock". So, we did! I made it to the top (a little out of breath)! BUT, then I RAN down! Boy did I feel good the rest of the night. I am attaching a few pics...from the top of Castle Rock. If you have never climbed it, I suggest you do so, it's so beautiful up there. (this wasn't my first time up there, but each time is so breath taking)
Hopefully next time I post I will have lost a few pounds along with a few pounds of "junk" from our house! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment