A frugal homemaker...



...making our House a Home one thrift store find or craft project at a time.













Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor Day Weekend


Does the Labor in Labor Day mean that you are supposed to be free from Labor, or are you supposed to be laboring? This is my question since our entire weekend was so busy it's now a blur.

Saturday was a really great day! We started the day off with a really long hike in Castlewood Canyon with our new puppy, Bella. She had a lot of fun, especially playing in the stream along the hiking trail. After our hike, we went and grabbed some food and took it to a great park hidden off the highway. (not sure if anyone knows it's there because there is never anyone there when we go there, which is why we go there). We decided to go home then. Everyone did their thing for a while and then Jason and I decided we didn't want to sit around the house so we drove up to Morrison and did some window shopping on their main street. Then we went to Colorado Mills Mall and walked the whole mall and did a little bit of shopping. After that, we drove down to Roxborough State Park and drove around on some country roads before ending up on Santa Fe headed for home. Whew! What a day!

Sunday (yesterday), we had church service in a park. It was really nice, followed by a picnic for those that wanted to stay. We came home after eating our picnic. I then got a call from my good friend, Stephanie who was headed to church to make copies, so I rode along and we just chatted and had a nice time. Last night we had a family movie night and watched Tale of Desperaux.

This morning I woke up around 8am and worked on the women's retreat until 1pm. Jason spent the morning getting two truckloads of sand and hauling them to what will be, some day, our new patio. So I went out and helped him level off the sand and lay pavers. It was hot, and very hard work. I was supposed to meet up with another good friend at 4, but realized at 4 that I was still sweaty and sandy and needed a shower. So, jumped in the shower and headed out the door to pick Patti up. Out to church, AGAIN, to make more copies and chat. When we finished we came back to our house. Her hubby and boys met us at the house, and we grilled burgers and hung out. After eating, Patti and I did some more work on the folders for the retreat until they needed to leave. *a little side not....Our friends, Brian and Patti and their boys are the bestest! I love them all soooo much! They are like family to us and I don't know what we'd do without their friendship and love!

After they left I decided to sit on the floor in our family room and fill some little boxes for the retreat. I had them all nicely lined up on the floor, filled and ready to put in a box...when in comes Bella, our new puppy and plowed right through the nicely lined treasure boxes! So, I had to refill each one. But, I got them done and am now sitting at the computer wondering how in the world did we do all that we did in only three days!

So, again, what is the meaning of Labor Day? I really don't care what it is supposed to mean. God blessed us so much this weekend. I had an amazing, long weekend spent with my family and great friends, grilling, hiking, shopping, playing, working, worshipping my Father in Heaven, driving, eating, cleaning, etc. And to end a perfect weekend....I'm headed off to have Calgon take me away! Good night, all! Hope everyone had a super Labor Day weekend, doing whatever makes you happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment