A frugal homemaker...



...making our House a Home one thrift store find or craft project at a time.













Friday, February 11, 2011

Another week...gone!

Well, I made it through another week. It is now Friday. It's been an okay week. The temperature is rising, which makes everything sloppy, but on the plus side, I hate wearing a coat and was able to leave the house without a big bulky coat on. Yeah for temporary warmness.

Monday was my birthday. I have mixed feeling about my own birthday. It's exciting, but very disappointing. It's just not the same as when I was a kid. You know when you are really excited about an upcoming event and then it doesn't happen and then you have to go thru a let-down. I am not sure what I was expecting. Actually I wasn't expecting anything. I did get a few nice surprises from some of my good friends, got to go out to lunch with some other friends and my hubby took me to a burger joint. So, now I'm another year older.

Wednesday was my 15 year old daughter's birthday. Wow, I don't really feel old enough to have a child that old....but actually I have a 17 year old too, so that's even worse.

We've had to cancel both our women's bible study and our small group for two weeks in a row now because of cold temps and cold. I just found out today that I'm going to have to miss next Tuesday's women's bible study too. Confession time. I have not opened my bible for two weeks. And I can tell it. I have been kind of grumpy and just blah and that is how it always goes when I don't spend time with God, and reading the bible. So, now to get back on track!

I am currently doing 3 studies and just added another one on top of that. When in the world will I ever find the time to get them all done! But they are all ones that I really want to finish...so off I go to get some reading done.

Have a great weekend.

1 comment:

  1. So many comments....I too hate wearing a coat....I can be grumpy even when I read my Bible, but no Bible is guaranteed grumpies....Grown-up birthdays are always weird with the rare surprise (white dishes!)....I've never been able to sustain more than 1 Bible study. Have fun with your reorganizing today!

    ReplyDelete