A frugal homemaker...



...making our House a Home one thrift store find or craft project at a time.













Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Is It Really August?

"Time flies" or "enjoy every second".  I used to get annoyed by adults telling me this all the time.  Now I totally understand what they were saying.  Did I take the advice of enjoying every second seriously?  No, I didn't realize they really meant it, until it was too late. 

Today was Back To School day.  All three of my kids started school. 

One a senior...I got a little teary-eyed when I had him pose by the door with his back pack on.  I had to bribe him and as the words left my mouth...it hit me.  "this is the last time you'll have to do this".  OH WOW!  How did this day come?! 

My daughter is now a sophomore and my youngest is a fifth grader.  Most people my age are sending off their grade schoolers, not high schoolers.  But I wouldn't take back a second.  As Sam hugged me good-bye for the day he said, "wow, you've gotten skinny."  Apparently the kid hasn't paid much attention when hugging me since I lost my weight, which was a year ago this month. LOL  Not that I would ever consider myself skinny.  Maybe skinnier is the correct way to describe me. 

Today I get to spend the day with an old friend.  No, she's not old...but she's been a friend for all but about 6 months of my life as a mother.  In May of 1994 Jason and I began our married life together and moved to Biloxi, Mississippi, where we met John and Becky.  The guys were both in the Air Force and Becky and I were both stay-at-home moms.  In fact, Becky was the one with Peyton when she took her first steps.  Jason and I had gone out for our anniversary and when we got back to pick up the kids, she told me that Peyton had taken a few steps.  I am not angry or sad.  I am glad it was Becky!

Now off to get ready for the day...it's 8:30am....I could still be sleeping if it wasn't for school.

This is the day the Lord has made;  let us rejoice and be glad in it.  Psalm 118:24

No comments:

Post a Comment