A frugal homemaker...



...making our House a Home one thrift store find or craft project at a time.













Wednesday, September 28, 2011

God Spoke To Me Today

Yep, you read the title correctly.  God clearly spoke to me today.  No I did not hear his audible voice, but I sure felt his voice in my heart.  

A little over a year ago I was a witness to a crime while at work.  A little over a month ago I received a subpoena to testify as a witness against these two men.  Things like this just make me want to crawl in a padded cell and live safely in my soft place.  I have been terrified, anxious, worried, etc about walking in the courtroom with many eyes completely on me and having all these people's attention on my answers.  Makes me want to have an anxiety attack right now just thinking about it.  Guess what else has been going on the past month or so since I received the subpoena?  God has been talking to me. 
In my mind... a bible verse has kept repeating over and over every time I thought about the upcoming court date. 

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.  Philippians 4:6-7

Hearing this in my mind, I was reminded to pray...and take these fears and anxieties to God and talk to Him about them.  Which I did.  A LOT!  This past Thursday I had to meet with the District Attorney to go over any questions he had and any questions I had.  I was told by his secretary that there was a possibility that the guy who's trial was coming the following Tuesday was considering a plea deal.  I didn't want to get my hopes up, but I once again took it to God and begged for this to happen.  I received a phone call on Friday from this same secretary saying, in deed, he took the plea deal and will be in the care of the justice system for 45 years.....NO TRIAL! 

This is not the end of the story.  Jason had already arranged to have Wednesday off (this was the day the District Attorney told me I'd be called as a witness).  So today....the day that I had feared for over a month, was spent on the bank of the Platte River with him fishing and me relaxing on my comfy lawn chair and bible in hand.  We enjoyed a wonderful picnic lunch, driving along the river, stopping in different spots so Jason could fish and I enjoyed reading.  This almost didn't happen as another answered prayer came the end of last week as Jason received word that he got the job he had been wanting for months.  He thought that his new boss would want him at work, but found out last minute that he would still have the day off. 

How did God speak to me?  He repeatedly put that verse in my mind and then gently whispered, "I told you the TRUTH." today as we enjoyed the unexpected blessing of spending the day together with no trial to worry about.  God really does mean it when He says, "do not be anxious about anything"....Trust in Him, he IS TRUTH!

Can all your worries add a single moment to your life?  Matthew 6:27

1 comment: