A frugal homemaker...



...making our House a Home one thrift store find or craft project at a time.













Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The Seventh Commandment

Have you ever thought about what it would be like to be a fly on someone's wall?  Not literally, but to be able to listen and see what happens inside the walls of some families.  I have often said that I'd like to be a fly on my friend's wall.  The conversations she and her husband have crack me up.  (or should I say, the conversations she tells me they have)  Well, tonight's conversation within the walls of our home made me wonder what someone would think if they could hear the conversation we had this evening. 

Some of you know that I have named my treadmill Henry.  I also recently started doing the Biggest Loser workouts on our Xbox Kinnect so I often say, "I had a date with Bob today".  (Bob Harper is one of the personal trainers on The Biggest Loser.)  Also, I am a fan of Chip Ingram (http://www.lote.org/) and often listen to his sermons on my ipod while working out.  Do you see where this is going???

After dinner tonight I went upstairs to put my workout clothes on.  I came downstairs and made the announcement:  "I'm going downstairs to have a date with Henry.  He's been a little lonely since Bob came into my life".  Both Sam and Jason knew exactly what I was talking about and didn't blink an eye.  Although, Sam did say to Jason, "Dad, looks like you've got some competition".  We all laughed. 

I have also been known to say, "I'm going to bed with Chip.  Goodnight all!".  When what I really meant was, I was going upstairs to lay in bed and listen to Chip's sermons. 

So, to listen in on these conversations would lead someone to believe I was breaking the seventh commandment.  See Exodus 20:14 

A little glimpse inside the walls of our home. 
    ~ Oh if you could hear some of our other conversations.  ;)  ~

1 comment:

  1. :) I knew about Chip and Henry, but Bob is new. I really can't keep up with the men in your life....

    ReplyDelete