A frugal homemaker...



...making our House a Home one thrift store find or craft project at a time.













Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Gotta love sunburns

Went to the pool today. 2 hours in the sun. Now I'm bright red. Which is a little strange considering I had a pretty good base tan started already.
While at the pool, a friend and I were talking about how now they are saying that sunscreen causes cancer more than the sun. Hmmmm. Is this true? I have been struggling with the fact that I go to a tanning bed to start my tan in the summer. There is research saying this is a healthy way for your body to get the Vitamin D it needs. I have also heard that Hawaii has very little cases of skin cancer because the people there stay tanned all year long and don't get sun burnt. So, what do you do? Do you stay out of the sun and have a Vitamin D deficiency, go out in the sun and get sun burnt because you don't want to use sunscreen, or do you use sunscreen? Oh the options. Personally, I like the "healthy" look I have when I have a tan, so I will continue to go to a tanning bed and sit at the pool and NOT put on the sunscreen. If it gives me skin cancer....it's just my weird way of getting to heaven sooner! Go enjoy the sun...however you choose to expose yourself to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment