A frugal homemaker...



...making our House a Home one thrift store find or craft project at a time.













Thursday, December 3, 2009

Gifts from God

As Christmas approaches we think of bright lights decorating the trees, shoppers out getting their last minutes bargains, cookie exchanges, Christmas parties, and wonderfully wrapped gifts under the tree.

When we think of gifts, most of us think of brightly wrapped boxes with big bows on top. I have to admit, I enjoy getting the beautifully wrapped gift almost as much as I enjoy opening it and seeing what's inside.

Some gifts are not beautifully wrapped. In fact, some are disguised in ugly wrapping, or no wrapping at all. I received one of these gifts about two weeks ago. I won't go into a lot of detail, because this was MY gift from God. Let's just say, when I "received" this gift, I was really bummed, did not want this gift at all, and down right frustrated about it.

As I think back on the past two weeks, my life has been very, very busy, but the deep dark valley that I was walking in seems to have some SON shine shining on it. This gift has been a blessing to me as I finally get a glimpse of what God intended with it.

As Thanksgiving has come and gone, have you stopped being thankful for the things (gifts) He has provided? Although we don't see the big picture, God does. He is in charge. "For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways," declares the Lord. "For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts. Isaiah 55:8-9.
So, this Christmas, remember that not all gifts are beautifully wrapped. They may arrive as an unwanted "speed bump" in your life. But God has the whole picture planned out....so climb up into His lap and trust in Him.

Also, remember that our most precious gift of all, hung on a cross, bloody, beaten and battered for us! Celebrate His birth this Christmas, but also remember the gift of the cross!

MERRY CHRISTMAS to my wonderful friends! I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment