A frugal homemaker...



...making our House a Home one thrift store find or craft project at a time.













Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Is Your Vase Full?

So, I'm lying in bed tonight thinking and having a little chat with God, and got a strong urge to blog! So here I am typing away when I could be sleeping. But this is much more fun.

Time to get personal. Life just seems unfair at times. We all have our days, weeks, or months when things just seem unfair and gloomy. This past month has been my dark valley. I won't get into all the yucky details, but because of some things going on in my life, I've just been feeling down. BUT, don't feel too sorry for me! Yes, it's been tough to get out of bed some days and go through the motions, but it's also brought me to my knees before God. I have had some really great moments reflecting on God's Word and just being still, knowing that God is faithful. I grew up memorizing and saying the 23rd Psalm, but until this week, I didn't really fully grasp the entire, deep meaning to it. I love how the song puts it.

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death
Your perfect love is casting out fear
And even when I’m caught in the middle of the storms of this life
I won’t turn back
I know You are near

And I will fear no evil
For my God is with me
And if my God is with me
Whom then shall I fear?
Whom then shall I fear?

Chorus:
Oh no, You never let go
Through the calm and through the storm
Oh no, You never let go
In every high and every low
Oh no, You never let go
Lord, You never let go of me

And I can see a light that is coming for the heart that holds on
A glorious light beyond all compare
And there will be an end to these troubles
But until that day comes
We’ll live to know You here on the earth

WOW! God NEVER lets us go. He's always walking with us. In every high, and every low.

It has really made me think. I really can't imagine going through life without His perfect love. I can't imagine the hopelessness that I would feel going through this dark time alone. Yes, my family and friends are amazing and I love each and every one dearly, but their love just isn't the same as God's perfect love. And to know that He knows what is coming next in my life and is in control, gives me peace. There is NO relationship here on earth that is like that. Not even your closest friend. God knows EVERYTHING and is in control of the whole earth, yet loves ME....and YOU!
“Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you” 1 Peter 5:6-7 NIV.

That just overwhelms me when I try to wrap my tiny little human brain around that.

In our bible study this week we talked about being emptied, so God can fill us back up again. Think about it....when life seems perfect and things are going smoothly, do you find yourself kind of going through the motions and forgetting WHO is responsible for your wonderful life? I know I do. But when God has you go through tough times (when you are walking thru the valley of the shadow of death) it's comforting to know He is walking with you thru it. And we tend to turn to Him and really grow with Him in this time. Sometimes we get in His face and get angry with Him, but He can handle it!

So, when someone is hurting or going through a tough time, pray that they will turn to God and have Him fill the gaps.
Here's a picture: Think of a vase filled with rocks. The rocks represent "stuff" in your life. Job, friends, money, etc. Is the vase full? Some would say yes. What if we were to pour water in the vase. There are lots of empty spaces around the rocks for water. Let God be the water (the Living Water) and fill your empty spaces where the rocks can't fit. Let Him fill those empty spaces until it runs over the edge of your vase!

Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28

Doesn't that verse just make you smile!

By the way, if you are reading this, and you are going through a dark valley, I am praying for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment