A frugal homemaker...



...making our House a Home one thrift store find or craft project at a time.













Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Ashamed?

I sat here this morning reading through the accounts of Jesus' last days as a human.  Something so big was about to happen that I will never understand, this side of Heaven.  But because of Jesus dying on the cross and rising from the dead, I am saved...I have eternal life, and He has prepared a place for me in Heaven. (John 14: 1-3) Oh how joyous I feel knowing that.

I was reading in John 20 where Mary Magdalene discovered the empty tomb.  She did not stop and think,  "what will people say about me if I run and tell them what I've just seen."   She immediately took off running to tell Simon Peter and the other disciple (whom some believe was John) what she had just seen. It made me start thinking about how we as humans in today's world are so careful as to not offend others, so we don't share our witness with them. 

What has Jesus done in your life?  Why not share that with others and give Him the glory.  Are you afraid of what others will think of you?  How does Jesus feel when we are afraid, embarrassed or ashamed to speak of Him?  I know I am guilty of this, and I have repeatedly asked Him for forgiveness and to help me "show Him off" more. 

It doesn't have to be some huge thing that He has helped you through, although He does this time and time again.  The other day I was late picking up my daughter and her friend from school...and as I drove to their school, every light I came to, turned green.  I thanked God for each one and smiled. (I'm sure the people driving next to me thought I was a lunatic driving with a huge smile on my face)  There have been other times I have hit every red light there is.  I often use red lights as my special time to talk to God, and thank Him for this special time He has created just for Him and me. 

If you are reading this, I would LOVE to hear what God has done for you in the past few days.  Open your eyes and see His work in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment