Some of you may know that my newest obsession is visiting Goodwill, Salvation Army, or any other thrift store. So much fun to see what kinds of treasure I may find. Well, last night as the family was out running errands, we stopped at Goodwill. I was looking for something with hooks that we could hang in the kids' bathroom to hang their towels on. No such luck. But I did spot a cute little "shelfy looking thing" for $5 that I loved. When Jason asked what I would use it for, I really wasn't sure, but knew I'd find a use for it. So, because I couldn't come up with a specific use, we passed it by and walked out of Goodwill empty handed. You know what they say while you are shopping and not sure if you really need something. You'll forget all about it when you leave the store. NOPE! Not this "shelfy looking thing".
I woke up this morning and you could actually see the light bulb floating above my head! I knew what I wanted the shelf for! It was the perfect size to display all my rubber stamps on in my craft room. So I immediately texted my friend, Stephanie, who had asked me on Wednesday to go with her to run errands if she wanted to take a detour and run over to Goodwill. So off we went. I could feel my heart beating faster the closer we got...not knowing if my cute little "shelfy looking thing" would still be there. I grabbed a cart and walked with a little more speed than usual to the back of the store where the furniture was. As I rounded the corner, I couldn't see it so I turned around to Stephanie with my lip sticking out. I walked a little further. THERE SHE WAS! (no, not stephanie) MY 'SHELFY LOOKING THING'!!! I walked over and ripped off the portion of the tag that you take to the front counter. VICTORY! So, now that I knew I had the "shelfy looking thing" I had all the time in the world, so I told Stephanie I was going to go look at the clothes. The last few times I had been to Goodwill, I hadn't found much in terms of clothes. Well, I had a HEAPING cart load of clothes and headed to the fitting room. Since I have lost weight, I hadn't bought a whole lot of summery clothes, and have needed some capris and short sleeve shirts. I feel like I hit the jackpot today at our local Goodwill. Five pairs of jeans/capris and four shirts, a "shelfy looking thing" and a cute little picture frame all for $38! Oh and did I mention that a few of the pairs of capris still had the original store tags on them?! Yeah for me!
Now to go put my "new" clothes in the wash and get my "shelfy looking thing" in it's place.
Have I mentioned that I love thrift stores?!
The bottom shelf looks crooked, but I just didn't have it in all the way.
Oh, and if you need a little Goodwill inspiration...check this out http://www.alittlejunkinmytrunk.blogspot.com/ or
http://thriftingdenver.org/
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Thanks so much for the shout out on your blog!! I love to have fellow thrifters to follow!
ReplyDelete