A frugal homemaker...



...making our House a Home one thrift store find or craft project at a time.













Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Just some thoughts

I really haven't had a lot to blog about lately.  Been feeling a little lost and not sure where I should be in life.  As a stay-at-home mom, I am just here, doing the dishes, folding laundry, and driving kids here or there when they need it.  Dinner is expected.  When we run out of toilet paper, milk, or bananas they run to me.  Sometimes it's a thank-less job.  But if you really think about it, although I don't get told thank you for emptying the dishwasher, being a stay-at-home mom is an important job. 
I slept in this morning.  Went for a 2 miles walk with my lil man.  As we walked, we got to talk.  Nothing deep.  But just spending time together walking and talking.  Precious!  I ate breakfast at 11am.  Yesterday I sat down and watched a movie with my daughter...in the middle of the day!  Precious!  Went for a drive yesterday with my oldest son.  I won't tell you why we were out for a drive, but we got to laugh and talk while we were out.  Precious!
I have realized that I am a schedule/structured person and without a schedule or structure, I feel a lack of importance or meaning.  I'm learning to enjoy these "unscheduled" things as gifts from God. 
I recently read a blog about Nebraska.  This person is from Colorado, but went for a week to small-town Nebraska to stay with a friend.  She talked about how relaxed and laid back it was.  How people enjoy the small things.  Feeding ducks, watching a small-town parade, corn fields, tractors and bug spray.  And oh those amazing Nebraska sunsets.  For a small second, I missed living in Nebraska.  But then realized that it's the idea.  And there is no reason I can't enjoy the "Good Life" right in my own back yard. 
I think I'll go make some Kool-aid.  Fill some water balloons.  Eat lunch on the patio with my kids. 

This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.  Psalm 118:24

No comments:

Post a Comment