A frugal homemaker...



...making our House a Home one thrift store find or craft project at a time.













Monday, June 6, 2011

Summer

I've always said Fall is my favorite season.  I love the colors of fall.  I love fall decor with all the straw, mums, scarecrows, leaves and crisp air, etc.  But I'm starting to wonder if summer is really my favorite. 
Summer means:
my kids being home from school
laid back schedules
being able to walk to the pool on a whim if we decide we want to take a dip in the pool.  Even if it's only for a half hour.
grilling all kinds of yummy food and no fancy dinners
eating on the patio with my family
sitting near a lake reading a book while my family fishes
wrapped up in a blanket by the fire pit making s'mores with my hubby and kids
camping
the coolness of an air conditioner after you've been outside
the coolness of summer evenings
suntans...and sunburns.  (I happen to have both)
fresh veggies and fruits
road trips

I could go on forever, but those are just a few of my favorite things.  All from God.  Thank you, God, for all of these amazing things you bless me with.

No comments:

Post a Comment