If you were on trial for being a Christian, would there be enough evidence to convict you?
WOW! If that doesn't make you think!
What is the definition of a Christian?
Is it just to be a good person while on earth and hope you get into heaven? I don't see that in the bible. Is it to choose which verses to follow in the bible and not obey the ones you don't like? I don't see that either. It's also not about having to live by some boring rules and not enjoy life! God wants you to be happy and live in joy! The bible is God's Word to you! When you use the bible as your Life Handbook, life is not boring or unenjoyable! It's amazing!
A Christian is someone who has decided to entrust his or her life to Jesus Christ. A Christian trusts Christ for forgiveness of sin, a right standing before God, and guidance in life.
John 3:3-7 Jesus answered and said to him, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God." Nicodemus said to Him, "How can a man be born when he is old? He cannot enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born, can he?" Jesus answered, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. "That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. "Do not be amazed that I said to you, 'You must be born again.'
To be born again--born of the Spirit--a person must place his or her trust in Jesus Christ. The Spirit of Jesus Christ actually comes to dwell within the new Christian, giving newness of life--His life.
In sum, Christ makes a Christian a Christian. Going to church does not make a person a Christian. A special ceremony can't do it. And nobody can be a Christian by trying to be a good person. Only Jesus Christ can make a person a Christian:
John 1:12,13 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name, who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.
I am sad to know that so many people in this world call themselves Christians, and truly believe that they will some day live in heaven, but do not follow Jesus. They live for themselves, doing as they please, saying, "I'm praying for you." Are you really praying? Did you bow your head and talk to God, or is it just something that sounds good to say? Do you celebrate Christmas as Jesus' birth, or are you celebrating Santa and lots of gifts? Do you celebrate Easter as the time Jesus spread his arms wide saying, I LOVE YOU THIS MUCH, and died to forgive you of your sins? If you answered no to any of those, then maybe you need to think about what it really means to be a Christian.
Tell God that you want Him to be in charge of your life from this point forward. Prayer= a simple conversation between you and your Creator, GOD!
For those of us that have already asked God for forgiveness and placed our faith in Jesus, what do our lives look like? We should be striving to look like Jesus. For people to say, "Hmmm, their lives seem different. They have peace! They have hope! I want what they have!"
When I say, "I am a Christian" I don't speak of this with pride. I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.
That saying is my life quote! I want to look like Jesus....and strive for it every day. But I can't do it without Him being in charge!
Thank you God that you are Good, Sovereign, Holy, Wise, the Ultimate Judge and you are LOVE!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment