Another great evening spent with friends scrapbooking, quilting, embroidering, cross-stitching, beading, snacking, talking, listening to music and just being together.
I try to organize a "craft night" at church on a regular basis. Usually every couple of months. Everyone gathers their craft supplies and heads out to church for several hours of crafting. But it's not just working on your craft of choice, it's worship also.
God has really shown me how blessed I am this past week! I have some really amazing friends who are always there with an open ear and a hug, I have an amazing hubby and kids, I LOVE our church (they are like family to us) and we live in a beautiful place! Can't get a whole lot better than waking up to a beautiful sunrise on one side of the house and the majestic mountains on the other!
WORSHIP!
This is a word that gets thrown out there a lot.
The Webster’s defines it: 1) A prayer, church service, or other rite that shows reverence for a deity; 2) Intense love or admiration of any kind. As a verb transitive, the word can mean 1) to show religious reverence for; or 2) to have intense love or admiration for.
So when you really think about it, this is a HUGE topic. People worship idols such as money, popularity, material things, food, etc. We're all guilty.
God makes it clear in the Ten Commandments that we should not worship anything or anyone but Him.
“You must not make for yourself an idol of any kind or an image of anything in the heavens or on the earth or in the sea. You must not bow down to them or worship them, for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God who will not tolerate your affection for any other gods. Ex. 20:4-5 NLT
The topic of worship has been something I have really been studying lately and thinking on. We all know that we're guilty of worshipping something or someone other than God. That's between us and God and I pray that He will open our eyes to see those things, and show us how to enjoy the things we have, but not to worship them.
I want to concentrate on worshipping God! How do I do this? I can worship God in all that I do. I started this blog talking about our "craft night" and about how blessed I am with all that God has given me. For me, this is worshipping God. Remember that the definition is an intense love or admiration for. I have intense love for God for blessing me with all that I have; family, friends, His creation, etc. I also have an intense love and admiration for God, first of all, for allowing us to have nights like that at church. Close friends, good conversation, great food, etc. I am constantly amazed at the feeling I get when I am among others who love God. What a wonderful feeling! I also have an intense admiration for God for making me creative, and to see how He has made others creative also. Not just in the scrapbooking that I do, but the deep concentration and patience that it takes to hand-embroider or cross-stitch, or the way another puts fabric together to make a beautiful quilt, or the way one slowly adds one bead after another to create a piece of jewelry. When you put God in all things, the "things" become way more wonderful and amazing!
My mind is full as I think of the topic of Worship. But for now, I'll leave you to think about things you do or see, or people you have in your life that make you feeling that intense love and admiration for God. Add a comment, I'd love to hear the things that make you feel that intense love and admiration for God.
Until next time, I pray that you will put God in everything you do and see, and make them all the more amazing and beautiful!
Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need. “So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today. Matt. 6:33-34
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment