I'll try to keep my excitement to a minimum, but this is exciting stuff!
This morning I was reading about God's Justice. Whew! That's a heavy, tough subject. I was taken to Revelation 20. I got so involved and excited while reading this that I just kept reading, and reading and before I knew it, I was dancing on the streets of gold, with JESUS!
Revelation 21:4 says, "He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."
Isn't that exciting? Well, for me it is, because I know for sure that I will be in heaven some day. If you died today, do you know that you are going to heaven? Do you look at people who follow Jesus Christ, who pray, who are involved in church, who do EVERYTHING for the glory of God and say, "those people are weird" or "they are just bible thumpers". Whatever you want to call me, go ahead. But I am on this earth to follow Jesus, my Creator.
I am so excited about one day being in Heaven (the New Jerusalem) with my Creator, and all the people who's names are in the Book of Life. But as I think of this, it makes me sad that people I love may not be there with me. They think as I did, before I became a believer. That they are Christian, because they believe in God, and they are good, most of the time. But they don't know true JOY in trusting, following, living for Jesus. When you turn to Jesus and decide that you are going to follow Him and Him alone, this is when your life will have true meaning...when you are born again.
3In reply Jesus declared, "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again. 5Jesus answered, "I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit. John 3:3 & 5
When you are following Jesus, it will motivate you to do good, for Him. Not because it will get you to heaven, but because you want to please your Father in Heaven.
Imagine that, some day, your struggles, pains, fears, aches, and evil temptations will some day be gone. Nothing impure will ever enter it, nor will anyone who does what is shameful or deceitful, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb's book of life. Rev. 21:27
Isn't it exciting to live for Him? If He came today, would you be ready...and would you know that He is taking you up to Heaven to live with Him FOREVER!!!???? Hallelujah!
It is our duty, as a believer of Jesus Christ, to tell others of this wonderful news! To teach them to live for Him.
Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." Matthew 28:19-20
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment