A frugal homemaker...



...making our House a Home one thrift store find or craft project at a time.













Monday, April 9, 2012

Goals

I hope everyone had a blessed Easter holiday and celebrated our Risen Savior!  After all, that IS what Easter is all about. 

We had a great church service and then headed to the in-laws where we had a wonderful meal prepared by my mother-in-law.  Then a nice relaxing day spent talking and remembering years past. 

What I have realized in the past week:  that I'm OBSESSED with being healthy and being accountable to myself.  I'm my biggest accountability partner. 

Several days ago I asked Jason if he wanted to do the Biggest Loser workout with me so we were preparing to get started when the phone rang.  He was so excited for the distraction and the excuse to not workout.  I was mad.  He hung up the phone and we began our workout.  He stayed with it for the most part.  Then I asked him if he wanted to do a little Zumba.  He not-so-eagerly agreed.  So we were half way through and the phone rang again.  Again, he was excited for the excuse to walk away.  Well, let's just explain a little why this frustrated me.  We have an XBox Kinect.  We were doing Zumba on our Kinect and any time a player walks away from the screen, it stops the game.  Yep.  Right in the middle of the workout, he walked "off the screen" and that was the end of our Zumba time.  You are allowed to pause the game, but he did not wait for me to do this before walking away.  I was not happy the rest of the night.  OBSESSED.  (or maybe this is just very important to me?)

Although the food was amazing yesterday, I was thinking the entire time about how many calories were on my plate and how long I was going to have to workout to lose those pounds I was about to gain.  OBSESSED!  (or...maybe this is just very important to me?)

The frustrating part:  I have struggled all my life with being the "fat girl".  My husband is fairly skinny and can eat whatever he wants and sits around playing video games or watching TV.  He has no idea how hard I am trying to get healthy and look better.  He just doesn't understand.  He tells me he loves me no matter what.  Which is wonderful, but I want this!  So as I struggle, sweat, and watch everything I put in my mouth, thinking about it constantly, he is oblivious.  I am NOT bashing my husband.  If I were skinny and never had to worry about my weight like him, I'd be oblivious too.  I've tried to explain it, but he just doesn't completely understand.  This is why I was frustrated when he walked away from MY exercise time.


On a brighter note:
I shared a while back about my fitness goals and how I made my goal last year.  Well, to my surprise, I have almost met my goal of this year, AND it's only April!!!  I hadn't really been paying much attention to my goal number, although it's displayed right on the side of my SparkPeople page every day.  I happened to glance at it this morning and was shocked how close I am already!  For the past three months, I have exceeded my monthly fitness goals and have way over 500 minutes/month. 

My yearly goal is 2700 fitness minutes.  At www.sparkpeople.com you can input your weight and how much you want to lose and it designs a program for you with set fitness minutes. (I bumped it up from last year thinking it would be a challenge)  As of today, I am at 2473.  I can't wait to blow right by that 2700!

Note to self:  I'm doing this for me.  Workout on your own.  Worry about doing it for ME!

Our health always seems much more valuable after we lose it. – Unknown


Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live. - JimRohn

I would rather say "I did it!" than "I gave up."


KEEP MOVING!

No comments:

Post a Comment