A frugal homemaker...



...making our House a Home one thrift store find or craft project at a time.













Monday, April 16, 2012

Looking for answers

And the journey continues.....

I finally went to the doctor today.  I have been working out faithfully (3-5 times a week) for over a year now, eating just the right amount of calories I've been told to eat and I haven't lost a single pound!!!  Yeah, I lose a pound or two here, and then gain a pound or two there...but really I stay within 2 pounds of where I left off after losing my original 50 pounds.  Frustrating?  Very!

I finally decided I needed to find out if there was some medical reason for my VERY LONG plateau.  So the doctor suggested several things for me to try to change things up a little bit, most of which cost way too much money that I don't have.  Some of which include:  Metabolic Research Center, Weight Watchers, and to hire a personal trainer.  Needless to say, those three suggestions got put on the back shelf of my brain to only use when we win the lottery.  (we don't play, so I guess the dust will collect on those suggestions).  Other suggestions were to lift weights, run, and train for a 5K.  Those I can do.  We have a treadmill and a bowflex in our "workout room" in our basement that I can easily utilize.  Another thought the doctor had was that my thyroid is not working correctly.  Both my mom and my grandma have dealt with this so it would not be a surprise if this was a problem I have to deal with as well.  So I got to have my blood drawn and will find out in a few days if that is an issue.  Until then.....Jenni. will. run.

I dusted off poor, poor Henry (my treadmill) whom I hadn't visited since we got the Kinect for our Xbox and also dusted off the Bowflex.  I ran/walked 2 miles and did 20 minutes of strength training.  Will this curve ball in my fitness routine be enough to break my plateau? 

To be continued.....

No comments:

Post a Comment