Our oldest, Cody, decided to join the Air Force. So last week I took him to downtown Denver to the MEPS office so he could take his ASVAB and do his physical the following day. He passed both and has been sworn in as an E1 Airman! So exciting, but yet so sad for his mom. Not sure I'm ready for my kids to be old enough to leave home. (I guess I'll need to be when they call him and tell him it's time for him to leave).
I passed my exercise goal of 2700 minutes and as of today, I have 3154 minutes for the year, and it's only the end of April. I guess I can't say I'm not trying, even though I'm not losing.
Graduation is less than a month away, along with the end of school for the other two kids. I have already started preparing for the party, company, etc. So much to think about and do.
I've been wanting new counter tops in our kitchen since the day we moved in. With graduation and a family vacation to Florida within the next few months granite just wasn't in the budget. I found this product called Giani Granite. It's a paint for your counter tops. I did lots of research on this product and didn't find any bad feedback; and so many positive reviews. So what could I lose? I went and purchased the product and now I have a whole new kitchen! It was so easy and quick and what a difference it made to my kitchen. My daughter even said, "it looks like a fancy kitchen". YEAH!
Here are the before and afters of my kitchen redo:
| Before - The ugly white counter tops |
| Step 1 - the primer |
| Half way done. |
| All done! My beautiful new kitchen! |
Now to go scan some pictures and then get my craft on and make some invitations for the youth high school senior dinner. Whew! Gotta love this busy time of year!

No comments:
Post a Comment