A frugal homemaker...



...making our House a Home one thrift store find or craft project at a time.













Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Decluttering the mind

We took a mini vacation to the mountain this past weekend. It was nice to get away with the kids and not have them distracted by their cell phones and computers. They were totally bored, unless we were constantly doing something, but it was still great to just be together. I took my scrap booking things and got several pages done. I am in the process of reading a Christian novel and got some of that read also. Our cabin was right along the river; we could hear it from our bedroom window. It had a big dining room table for me to do my scrap booking, a small bedroom with a queen size bed, a "cozy" kitchen, bathroom, living room with fireplace and a loft with two beds.
We did a little shopping in Estes and sightseeing in Rocky Mountain National Park. We also did some hiking by the falls, but it was still a little icy and snowy. Still a fun outing and we took lots of pictures with Jason's new toy...a new expensive camera.
Getting back into the groove of weekly demands has been a little tough, but we're getting there. I can't believe we are so close to being at the end of the school year. YEAH!
Tomorrow is Sam's birthday. Not sure what we will do to celebrate tomorrow, but he has invited a few friends to go bowling on Saturday...although it looks like we'll have to postpone until Sunday afternoon. SNOW!
It is supposed to snow today and Friday/Saturday so I guess I'll just work on getting the house back in order.
This past month, I have really been feeling blessed beyond measure and feeling very undeserving of it all. God is such a giving God, yet what have I given back? Not nearly enough!! Thank you, Jesus, for giving your life so that we may enjoy life to the fullest! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment