I just had to share this little story with you. It made me smile this morning and hopefully it will make you smile also.
I dropped Sam off at school this morning and then ran to KingSoopers for some coffee creamer since I was all out.
So, I'm standing in front of the cooler where all the creamers were. SO many decisions and flavors! Fat free, sugar free, vanilla, cinnamon vanilla, creme brulee, etc. The list goes on. I was in my own little world trying to decide when an older women (not too old though) walked by me and layed her hand on my arm and rubbed it and just smiled and said, "so many decisions huh?". She continued walking toward the back room as she walked by with a big smile on her face. (she also worked there, I think in the deli or bakery) I smiled back at her and said, "too many".
Such a simple gesture, but what an impact it had on me this morning. A smile and a soft touch with kind words. Don't you wish people could slow down and do that more. We are all in such a rush as we walk past people who could just use a smile or a simple touch on the arm with kind words. Jesus was definately visiting KingSoopers this morning! :-)
Hope this makes you smile...and slow down to smile at someone today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment