A frugal homemaker...



...making our House a Home one thrift store find or craft project at a time.













Wednesday, January 19, 2011

2011~ IS MY YEAR to WIN!

I love being motivated. In all aspects of my life.
1. I want to get my house more organized. I recently went through my closet and got rid of quite a bit. Clothes that neither fit, nor did I want to fit back into. It felt good to say goodbye to clothes that are too big, and say goodbye to that "bigger" person I used to be. I think I will sit down in the next few weeks and make a list of the different rooms I need to de-clutter and start over. (for those of you who started reading my blog at the very beginning, this is why I started blogging in the first place) Now to follow thru.
2. I want to get my body healthier. So far, I feel I'm doing well in this category. Down 41 pounds since August. Went from a tight size 18/20 to a size 12 and am not done! I know, some of you probably cringe at the fact of being a size 12, because you are a lot smaller than that. But for me, this is huge! I haven't been in a size 12 since high school...or maybe even middle school. (just telling you my size is a HUGE step for me and I'm not embarrassed to say it!) I'm pretty proud of me. :)
3. I want to get our finances under complete control. We are working really hard to accomplish this, by saying no to many things, cutting out certain things in our life that aren't wants, etc. We have been dealing with some pretty tough things since last Christmas when Jason was laid off and then taking a pay cut. It put a huge dent in our budget as the snowball kept rolling, and getting larger and larger. Teenagers aren't cheap. Having three kids isn't cheap. Living in Colorado isn't cheap. Driving a truck that drinks lots of gas isn't cheap. But is it all worth it? Absolutely! But it's time to make things better, not worse!~ We're on a path that feels pretty good.
4.I also want to work on ME spiritually. By becoming closer to God, becoming a women who God wants me to be. I've been really trying to focus on that second one, knowing that if I can work on this, the first will follow. I want to become a better wife, better mom, better daughter, better friend, etc. One thing that I've really been thinking about lately is how I can become more positive, which will affect all of my relationships. A pet peeve of mine is negativity. Occasionally we all find ourselves complaining or saying something we shouldn't be saying. I know of some people who talk only negative. Complaining about everything in their life. Talking negative about people, situations, etc. This makes me very sad for them. I find myself praying for them to find joy in their life. Unfortunately, I find myself in this category a lot. I also know people who have never said a bad word about anything or anybody. Think about it. Which do you prefer to be around? Someone who finds joy in everything, which God tells us to do, or someone who is constantly complaining and finding all the faults in people and situations. I don't know about you, but the ones that are full of joy make me feel uplifted and positive about life. When I've been around ones that are negative, I feel drained and depressed after I've been with them. So my goal is to find the JOY in everything. Look on the bright side. To have my glass half full. However you want to say it. I think if I can work on being positive, everything else in my life will work a little smoother. I'm not saying I won't have days that I want to dig a hole and crawl in, but I wish to have more mountaintop experiences in life than being in a pit feeling sorry for myself.

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Ephesians 4:29

Do everything without grumbling or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure....Phil. 2:14

And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another. Ephisians 4:32

Let 2011 be YOUR year to win also!

1 comment:

  1. Cool! I love hearing about the road you've been on since you started this blog. Hard. Good. Unexpected. Thanks for sharing so much of it.

    ReplyDelete