The house is empty. Well, not exactly, but it feels that way. Our friend, Choly left this morning. We got up at 3am and left the house at 3:30 to take him to the airport. We were very concerned with the fact that he doesn't speak a lot of English and he also doesn't have very good eyes. So the combination of the two plus the fact that he's only flown once before, really concerned us as we walked into the airport. So as we checked him in, we asked for an escort. What a relief it was to know he was going to have a personal escort right to his gate. Another concern was that he did not have a cell phone so couldn't call us if there were issues.
We walked him to the security line, hugged and said good-bye, not knowing when we'll get to see this person we feel is part of our family again. As we walked away, tears welled up in my eyes...and maybe a tear drop fell down my cheek. (for those of you that know me well, I am not a cryer) I am going to miss him!
About 9:30 the phone rang. He made it to Phoenix and was in his girlfriends' car. What a relief to hear his voice and know that he made it safely to Phoenix. I had asked for an escort to meet him in Phoenix at the gate and he said they were right there waiting for him to take him to baggage claim.
The scale was down again this morning. Such a wonderful feeling every morning to watch it go down. Even if it is 5 oz. Some is better than none.
Getting tired of the small variety of foods I am allowed to eat and very ready to be off this phase and move onto more "natural" ways of losing weight. As in, exercising and eating what I want, but in moderation. I have calculated and plan to begin this next phase next Thursday. Only one more week of 500 calories a day. I don't think I'll every eat cooked spinach again!
Today's menu:
Lunch: 100g lean ground beef, unsweetened, natural applesauce, and edamome. This is not on the list of allowed veggies, but I was all out of "allowed veggies" and thought these were better than eating a cookie.
Still not sure what I'll be having for dinner. Maybe a lean steak with grilled onions.
Counting down until next Thursday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment