A frugal homemaker...



...making our House a Home one thrift store find or craft project at a time.













Monday, January 3, 2011

Day 6

I can do this! I am officially on day 4 of my low calorie "diet". It's been a lot tougher than last time I did this and lost 30 pounds. I was staying in Nebraska with my mom who was also doing the diet and she had just moved...and we hadn't moved any food to her new house. So there were no chips, cookies, oatmeal, bananas, etc. that I couldn't eat laying around or calling out from her pantry. I am in my home now, where the other 5 people living here (we have a house guest for a few weeks) can eat all kinds of yummy, delicious foods. Yesterday afternoon we picked up a couple of pizzas and we sat at the table, them eating yummy, greasy pizza, while I ate my small piece of grilled chicken and 2 cups of lettuce...no salad dressing. I will confess, I did eat a small bite of the pizza...just to help my craving and feeling of being deprived.

This morning, and several times yesterday, Jason told me I didn't need to be dieting, that he liked me how I was. How sweet! And one of the many, many things I love about him. But I am not really doing this for him. (although I'd love to be able to buy a bikini and look good in it) I am doing this for many reasons. Some are selfish, and some are for God. I have told several people lately when they are not sure of my "diet" that I don't believe Abraham, Elijah, Jesus, or Paul (along with a long list of biblical people) had a pantry full of processed foods, cookies, cakes, potato chips fried in oil, etc. This is a motivating factor in my life. To get back to basics. Back to eating healthy. By eating the foods God intended us to eat. I am not saying cookies are bad, I'm saying 10 cookies in one day are bad. I was led to open up 1 Kings 19 Saturday morning and read about an angel waking Elijah after he practically gave up and wanted to die. There by his head was bread and water. WOW! No cookies! As I am on this journey, I often think of the people in biblical times, who truly had to work for their food. They did not have grocery stores full of a plethora of choices in food. Meat, vegetable, fruit and bread were their choices. All natural! I am not a Healthy Food Junkie by all means, but I feel this is where God wants me right now. To be healthy and take care of the temple...where the Holy Spirit lives....IN ME!

Klove.com has a great devotional series called Made to Crave on their website right now. What a perfect time (God's timing is always perfect) for this to come as I choose to follow God's leading in my life. One thing that really stuck out this morning was this:
God loves you so much that he doesn't want you to stay in a place of defeat.
How true is this!

On the menu yesterday:
lunch: 100g grilled chicken, 2 cups lettuce (no salad dressing), grissini bread stick and a half of a grapefruit Plus a bite of pizza...which was a huge cheat!
dinner: 100g sauted shrimp, handful of asparagus, natural applesauce and a melba toast

Haven't decided what is on the menu today. I will post that when the day is done.
Off to go get my body moving...a 30 minute workout. Our bodies were made to move, not sit on the couch all day and watch Oprah. ;)

I leave you with this thought from the Made to Crave devotional:
God made you wonderful. Psalm 139 says you are wonderfully and fearfully made. You are beautiful and loved, no matter if you are a size zero or a size thirty. You are beautiful just the way you are. But God love you so much that he doesn't want you to stay in a place of defeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment