A frugal homemaker...



...making our House a Home one thrift store find or craft project at a time.













Saturday, January 15, 2011

A New Phase

Well, I am officially moving on to the a new phase of my "diet". Now to bump up the workouts and change my life and how I eat, forever.

We had to run some errands this morning and drove by the Salvation Army store and decided to stop. I was shopping specifically for jeans since I only have 1 pair of jeans that truly fit. As I was sifting thru the racks, I overheard the cashier tell someone that everything in the store was 50% off today. That changed my shopping strategy. I decided to check out the sweater and shirt racks also. I filled the cart and headed to the fitting rooms, expecting only a fraction of the items in my cart to fit, and that I'd like. Well, we spent $28 on a huge garbage bag full of sweaters and jeans, a winter coat and a shirt for both Sam and Jason. That was fun! The best part, everything I got was practically brand new. And smaller sizes than I've bought in a long time.

A little nervous about this next phase. I am allowed to eat a lot more than I have been eating, just no sugar or starches, which is practically everything. No pasta, no cereal, no bread, no cookies, etc. Hello to cheese, yogurt, eggs and milk. YUM. I've missed cheese. This phase will last 3 weeks, and then I am allowed to re-introduce sugars and starches. I can do this! And I'm excited to be in smaller clothes, feeling better, and maybe even looking better.

It's been a good day spent with two of my guys. Now home to relax, do laundry and watch football. Ahhhh, I like Saturdays!

1 comment:

  1. Yay!! That is so cool about all those clothes. I was thinking just last night that I don't recognize you from the back sometimes now. :) Love ya.

    ReplyDelete