A frugal homemaker...



...making our House a Home one thrift store find or craft project at a time.













Saturday, January 8, 2011

What a fun day in the mountains

Today, we took our friend and houseguest, Choly, to the mountains. It is so much fun to hear his amazement at the beautiful mountains, the huge elk, the snow, the fun town (Estes Park), etc. What a joy to share this time with our dear, sweet and very funny friend. He will be missed when he leaves on Thursday. We spent the day enjoying the scenery and laughing a lot.

When we got home we took Choly out to church to speak to our church about his missions and what he does in Mexico for all the churches. He did a great job. I think he was a tiny bit nervous, but still did great. He gets to do it two more times at the other two services in the morning.

As far as my "diet"....I kind of ignored it while in the mountains. I decided that this was probably a once in a lifetime experience sharing this time with Choly, so we decided to go to our normal eating place in Estes, Bob & Tony's. I ate two pieces of pizza and they were amazing! I did drink water though...and tonight, I am back on track.

Tonight's menu: 100g of ground beef made into a meatball with homemade natural tomato sauce poured over top and baked and natural applesauce.

One thing that I am reminded of while Choly is here visiting, is to enjoy life to the fullest. Have fun and laugh. Enjoy the small things and never take anything or anyone for granted.

Thank you Lord, for our friend Choly and for the wonderful day spent in the amazing, beautiful mountains with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment