Not feeling as happy and positive today as I have been the past few days. I guess I should be, I'm down a total of 4 pounds and am only on day 5. It's not really the diet though, it's more the life that is happening around me. Why do we allow ourselves to get sad, angry, frustrated, and feel sorry for ourselves? I can't stand myself when I get to feeling this way, but it just happens. I know how I "should" be feeling, but just can't seem to get up that hill today.
Yesterday's menu:
lunch: 100g very lean steak, handful of cooked spinach, a small orange and a grissini breadstick.
dinner: homemade chicken broth with celery and chicken and a piece of melba toast
I cheated AGAIN! I made my family my favorite soup and homemade bread from the bread machine. I was able to eat my broth and resist their soup, but the smell of homemade bread got the best of me. As I was cutting the still-steaming bread, I imagined what it would be like to spread a little butter on it and watch it melt and then sink my teeth into it. Yep, my thoughts got the best of me and I ate a piece of bread, with butter. I have to say, it was AMAZING!...way better than hard, dry melba toast.
Today's menu:
lunch: 1 whole egg and 3 egg whites, scrambled, 1/2 cup salsa, 1/2 grapefruit and a piece of bread
dinner: 100g hamburger made from extra lean ground beef, smothered in sugar-free salsa, cinnamon apple and a melba toast
I am off to go do a little excercise. Although the "diet" doesn't recommend a lot of excercise due to the small amount of food (energy) I still enjoy it and it helps with my mood. So off I go.
Have a great day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment