A frugal homemaker...



...making our House a Home one thrift store find or craft project at a time.













Friday, January 7, 2011

Going strong!

Still going strong. Determined! Focused! Some might say obsessed, I just say, determined and focused. I can see a light at the end of the tunnel that I didn't quite see back in August. It gets brighter and brighter each day, as I step on the dreaded scale, only to find that it likes me! It keeps going down. One thing that really hit me today, is that the closer I get to my goal weight and being more healthy, the closer I get to God. I find that in all my spare time I either want to work on getting healthier, or studying my bible and what God has to say to me that day. I am finally crawling out of the "pit" of unfit-ness (this is probably not a word, but it works for me) both physically and spiritually. God has helped me thru losing 30 pounds...and continues to walk (or run) with me each and every day in this journey.

As I sat upstairs this evening watching television I just got a strong urge to get moving. So I turned off the television, read thru the first chapter of Colossians and then went for a mile run on the treadmill. Boy did that feel good, although my "diet" doesn't suggest doing much exercise since I'm eating such a small amount of calories.

Lunch: 100g grilled ground beef patty, 1/2 c radishes
Dinner: 100g sauteed shrimp and 1c asparagus, 1/2 grapefruit

Tomorrow is going to be a little more difficult to stay on track. We are taking our house guest, who is from Mexico, to Estes Park so he can see and be in the mountains. We will probably be eating at our regular pizza joint...which is NOT on the menu. Oh well. The world will not stop if I eat a piece of pizza. So, off to take a shower and go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment