A frugal homemaker...



...making our House a Home one thrift store find or craft project at a time.













Sunday, January 30, 2011

Failure

Have you ever had those days, or weeks (or even months) when you just feel like you have failed or are failing at everything you do? I sure hope I'm not the only one!

Today was a really, really bad day in the parenting category. I won't go into much detail, but today I am feeling like I have failed at being a parent. Teenagers can be so mean and difficult some times. Just when you think you are doing something to be a good parent, they throw it back in your face and make you feel like the worst parent in the world. They say mean things, do mean things and then turn around in the next breath and say, "what's for dinner?" REALLY?! You really expect me to cook you dinner after how you just acted? Go make your own money so you can buy your own food so you can fix your own dinner! BUT, as a parent we can't say or do that. Where is their respect? Where is their gratitude? What am I doing wrong????

This was all thrown on top of the heap of other stresses in our life. Why does it feel like I'm in a sinking hole with no way out?

On a positive note, I got to spend the weekend with some of my favorite friends scrapbooking. Great conversations, good laughs and 22 pages finished. Thank you, God for blessing me with these amazing friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment